Welcome to Scents of Earth: Your trusted source for high quality resins, herbs, botanicals, and oils. We are your Oman Frankincense specialists! Every day we're adding more Certified Organic resins, botanicals and oils for your incense making needs.
How To Burn Resins and Woods
1. Fill the Censer (Koh Do cup) two-thirds full of white rice ash
2. Heat a piece of Charcoal until it is grayish white all over
3. Fluff the ash so that it's not compacted
4. Place the charcoal in the center of the censer on top of the ash
5. Push the charcoal down in the ash so that it's halfway down in the cup
6. Cover the charcoal with the ash, forming a mound or cone on top
7. Slightly tamp and compress the ash into the cone shape with the ash press or butter knife
8. With a metal chopstick or skewer, gently make an air hole to the charcoal
9. Place the mica plate gently on top of the air hole and press down softly
10. Place a piece of Jinkoh, Sandalwood, Aloeswood or other (herb, loose) incense material on the mica plate
WHEN BURNING RESINS YOU MAY PLACE THEM DIRECTLY ON THE CHARCOAL.